For many years, RBHA has provided summaries of key City meetings in our print newsletter. We usually summarize Commissioners monthly meetings and Board of Adjustment meetings. You can access past reports in our Newsletters section on this site. You can also now access agendas, supporting materials, and Minutes through the Civic Web portal on the City website. It can be found here. Going forward, brief highlights of meetings and a link to the Minutes will be posted here. Check back for updates!
Supporting documents, when available, are linked to the agenda prior to each workshop and regular meeting of the Commissioners. Support packets contain information such as the agenda and reports created for specific agenda topics (when available prior to the meeting – some documents not included are handouts distributed during the meeting). This information remains available on the agenda for access at a later date.
Board of Commissioners Meetings
July 20, 2018
* New recycling center on Oyster House Road is open to city property owners.
* Number of tent take downs is much less than last year.
* Second Street ADA improvements to begin in Sept.
* Grove Park bicycle trail fencing and topsoil/grass seed installation completed.
* Stormwater structures at Wilmington and Rehoboth Avenues were cleaned in July. Pumps at Rehoboth Ave. to be replaced.
* Permit of Compliance granted for the operation of a restaurant "Rise Up" at 502 Rehoboth Avenue.
June 15, 2018
* Ribbon cutting ceremony for Ocean Outfall held at Deauville Beach. Force main concluded, paving on Henlopen Ave. completed. Stone shoulders being installed.
* Work continuing with Capital Improvement Project at Wastewater Treatment Plant and pumping station.
* Parking meter revenue slightly higher than last year.
May 18, 2018
* Recycling drop-off center to open June 4 from 7 AM - 3 PM except Wednesdays, Sundays, and holidays. Open to RB city property owners and business owners only. Staff attendant on site.
* List of active residential rental licenses now available on City website. See tab under "For Business" on home page,
* Permit of compliance granted for operation of Beach Nomad Brews at 20 Baltimore Ave.
* Motion to allow greyhounds in convention center failed.
Board of Adjustment Meetings
May 21, 2018
Continuation of Case No. 0817-11. A Special Exception and Variance to increase the vertical and horizontal direction of the structural area of the existing non-conforming porte cochere and patio paving area and to exceed structural coverage by 6.5% (488 square feet) under Section 270-21(C)(1). The property is located in the R-1 Zoning District on Lot Nos. 27, 28 & 29, Block 25 at 104 Norfolk Street. The Special Exception and Variance are being requested by John H. Plummer, owner of the property.
Decision: Motion to grant variances failed unanimously with one recusal.
April 23. 2018
Case No. 1215-12. An APPEAL OF A DECISION OF THE BUILDING INSPECTOR to deny a building permit to construct a pool for failure to satisfy the requirements of Ordinance No. 0715-01. The property is located in the R-1 Zoning District on Lot Nos. 21 & 22, Block 22 at 217 Philadelphia Street. Appeal requested by Vincent G. Robertson, Esq. on behalf of Anthony Zacchei, owner of the property.
Decision: This is an estoppel case and the Board of Adjustment has no jurisdiction. Motion carried unanimously.
Other Business: Linda Kauffman was elected Vice Chair.